Chris Chavez recently served as Director of Global Corporate Citizenship and Corporate Relations for Ball Corporation, and executive director of The Ball Foundation. During his career, he has counseled nonprofits and Fortune 500 corporations, including AT&T, Qwest (CenturyLink), Martin Marietta (Lockheed Martin), and the Downtown Denver Partnership, Inc. Chris previously served as Director of Government Affairs and Community Relations for rocket company United Launch Alliance. In that role, he developed and managed a robust community investment program, including employee volunteerism, for ULA’s corporate hub and manufacturing sites across the U.S. Chris is an active member of the corporate citizenship community and serves on the board of trustees of the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. He is a past board member of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Leadership Foundation, Denver Public Schools Foundation, Colorado Nonprofit Association, Museo de Las Americas, The Park People, Metro Volunteers, Mayor’s Commission on Strategic Partnerships, and the Latin American Research & Service Agency (LARASA). Chris earned the Boston College Carroll School of Management, Corporate Community Involvement certificate, and holds a degree in journalism from the University of Wyoming.
- Latino Leadership & Legacy Gala – Honoring Remarkable Latino Leaders Shaping Our Future
- Growing Up Latina with Joelle L. Martinez
- Organizaciones empoderan a la población latina en California
- Colorado program expands to help develop more Latino leaders
- Colorado-based Latino Leadership Institute talks new program to help Latinos in the workforce