.As Senior Vice President of Government Relations for Strategies 360 in the Colorado Office, Tonette Salazar brings more than twenty years of expertise to S360’s clients. She serves as a strategic thinking partner and advocate for her clients, helping them navigate complex policy issues in the state. Tonette has a strong history of success in the Colorado legislature and political arena. As an experienced lawyer and lobbyist, she has advocated for an array of education clients including school districts, community colleges, school counselors, and career and technical education organizations. Tonette has also worked extensively on homeowner association issues, labor and employment issues, and workforce issues. Tonette’s most notable achievements include leading the lobbying effort to help secure passage of in-state tuition and financial aid for undocumented students, negotiating a compromise on construction defects, and creating new special education funding formula for public education. Tonette tackles complex challenges with strategic thinking, thorough policy analysis, and powerful coalition building. A native of Las Cruces, NM, Tonette holds a BA from the University of Denver and a JD from the University of Colorado at Boulder. She also volunteers her time by serving on the Mile High United Way Board of Trustees and chairs the Program Strategy Committee. She lives in Denver, CO, with her husband and three children. As a former competitive gymnast and judge, Tonette now spends her time supporting her children’s endeavors in dance, baseball, and taekwondo.
- Latino Leadership Institute and Vistage Worldwide Announce New DEI Training Partnership
- Colorado Springs’ diversity grows across city, Hispanic population rapidly expanding
- FPA Partners with Latino Leadership Institute to Bring Inclusive Leadership Training to Members
- Joelle L. Martinez on the Journey of Inclusive Leadership, Economic Vitality, and Creating Spaces of Belonging
- LLI Launches Inclusive Leadership course for Meaningful DE&I